Super League › Championship Series
Register to watch live races free
SLT’s fast and exciting racing now delivered back to back in high impact locations. The biggest season so far, the world's fastest triathletes every weekend, in global metropoles and triathlon hotspots with more coverage and insights than ever before.
The Enduro is considered the most brutal format of all. Requiring endurance and tactics, the Enduro is a non-stop burst of nine back-to-back triathlon disciplines without any breaks. The easiest way to think about it is swim-bike-run repeated continuously three times in a row.
A focus on speed is a key demand of the Enduro because any athlete who falls more than 90 seconds behind the leader will be eliminated.
There are two Short Chutes up for grabs – the first for the fastest athlete over the opening swim and transition and the second for the first athlete to complete the opening bike stage and transition (all taken across the mount lines). Short Chutes are to be taken on the third and final run.
Stage 1 Athletes have a mass start. SBRx3 without breaks. The winner is the first athlete across the finish line upon completion of the entire race sequence.
Throwing the traditional swim-bike-run sequence out the window, the Triple Mix shuffles the disciplines over 3 stages. It tests the versatility of the athletes and whether they can keep track of what comes next in the heat of battle.
Mistakes in this format are costly as every second counts on Stage 1 and 2 as they define Stage 3’s pursuit start. At the end of each stage, athletes have a few minutes to reset themselves and their equipment.
There are two Short Chutes up for grabs – the first for the fastest athlete over the opening swim and transition and the second for the first athlete to complete the opening bike stage and transition (all taken across the mount lines). Short Chutes are to be taken on the third and final run. Tactics for survival are fierce and athletes are eliminated from the race if they fall more than 90 seconds behind.
Stage 1 Athletes have a mass start and race a swim-bike-run.
Stage 2 Athletes have a mass start and race a run-bike-swim.
Stage 3 Based on their times over those races, it’s a Pursuit Style Start for the final bike-swim-run. The winner is the first person across the line at the end of Stage 3.
Want to see how quickly these athletes can go solo with no drafting or pacing help? Then the Equalizer is for you! Favouring those with an aptitude for individual efforts, Stage 1 consists of an all-out solo time trial of either swim, bike or run – which the athletes race as a standalone event.
The times taken here will set the scene and define the pursuit style start for Stage 2. Stage 2 is swim-bike-run-swim-bike-run.
There is a single Short Chute to be won on the first swim, and taken on the final run. Any athlete who falls 90 seconds behind the leader will be eliminated. The Equalizer will see the playing field levelled and racing in its purest form!
Stage 1 Athletes race one discipline – either swim, bike or run – as a standalone event or Individual Time Trial (ITT).
Stage 2 The athletes are then set off based on their finish times in the ITT in a pursuit style to tackle a continuous swim-bike-run-swim-bike-run. The winner is the first person across the line at the end of Stage 2.
The Eliminator is the first-ever format raced in Super League. It tests the resilience, stamina and velocity of the athletes in a pressure-cooker environment where field position proves key over timing. There are three rounds of swim-bike-run with a short break in between each for the athletes to reset their equipment.
However, there is also a cunning twist – a pre-defined number of athletes are eliminated after each discipline of every stage making positioning crucial.
Stage 1 5 Eliminations: 1 after the bike | 2 after 1st lap of run | 2 at the finish line
Stage 2 5 Eliminations: 1 after the bike | 2 after 1st lap of run | 2 at the finish line
Stage 3 3 Eliminations: 1 after the bike | 2 after 1st lap of the run
The winner is the first athlete across the line at the end of Stage 3.
Super League Triathlon (SLT) is the world’s premier swim-bike-run Series, pitching the very best athletes against each other in quick and exciting race formats in fantastic destinations across the globe.
The 2021 Championship Series takes place in September, with the best triathletes on the planet doing battle over game-changing formats that redefine the sport for a modern audience.
The Championship Series is broadcast to a worldwide audience via TV, digital and social media channels, and our website.
The Championship Series is the ultimate in triathlon, offering significant prize prices for the Pros, action-packed events on stadium-like courses, and designed for TV and digital broadcast product.
This ultimate guide is all about Championship Series. It covers its essence, explains how the athletes are selected, describes the race formats and rules, deciphers how the points are scored, and reveals the amazing prizes.
What is the Championship Series?
Super League Triathlon’s Championship Series is the season of races in which our athletes earn points towards the overall leaderboard. At the end of each season, the leaderboard decides who are crowned as the male and female Super League Triathlon Championship Series winners. The winners take home the coveted Boguslavskiy Trophy.
There are four events in the 2021 Championship Series, with amazing destinations around the world. Super League is the only globally broadcast series that answers the question:
Who is the fastest triathlete in the world?
In addition, there is the brand new SLT Teams concept for 2021, as well as individual leaderboards for those who lead the way in the swim, bike and run disciplines.
How do you select the athletes?
Super League Triathlon’s experienced internal selection team features industry leaders and former World Champions to help to select the most exciting line-up. From established stars all the way through to emerging talent, Super League assembles the best blend of athletes for dynamic racing. There are 20 female and 20 male athletes competing at each event on a single day of racing over Super League’s exciting formats. As well as the athletes contracted across the Series, the start list for each event will include a small allocation of Wildcard slots who will be announced in the week leading up to each race.
How do the races work?
Each race day features a star-studded men’s and women’s race, with everything on the line making it a nerve-wracking day for the athletes and compelling viewing for fans. All 20 men and 20 women get to the start line hoping to get the better of one another across whichever of Super League’s unique race formats are being employed on that day.
The events have 1 of 4 formats – Enduro, Triple Mix, Equalizer or Eliminator – depending on the course and the racing excitement factor. And this is where Super League is truly unique. Our standard distances are:
Swim: 300m Bike: 4km Run: 1.6km
Please click the Formats tab to see more detailed information.
The 2021 Championship Series will utilise the following formats:
Do all athletes complete the course?
Probably not! That’s what makes Super League so engaging.
In all race formats, the 90-second rule is in play. So any athlete that falls 90 seconds or more off the leader’s pace at the end of any individual lap – note that’s a lap rather than an entire discipline – is shown the Yellow Elimination Flag and is out of the race.
If no athlete is eliminated by the 90-second rule, then in the Equalizer format we keep the pressure on at the back, with a set number of eliminations after each discipline (see Formats tab for full details) . This does not apply in Triple Mix because athletes are racing for their time towards the pursuit start in Stage 3.
The only other time the 90-second rule does not apply is when the Super 6 rule is invoked. The Super 6 rule ensures that there is always a minimum of 6 athletes in a race and, therefore, six finishers. If that happens, the field has been well and truly obliterated!
What is a pursuit style start?
The finishing times of each athlete on the previous stage determine at what point they are allowed to begin a race that starts pursuit style.
So, in Triple Mix, the total times from Stage 1 and Stage 2 are calculated. The fastest athlete after those first two Stages of racing starts first for the final bike-swim-run.
If second place’s cumulative time was 5 sec behind, then they start 5 sec later. If the last athlete’s times for Stage 1 and Stage 2 were 45 seconds behind, they start 45 seconds after the leader.
The same format is used for the Equalizer, with the starts based on ITT times of Stage 1.
What is a Short Chute?
Super League has an exceptional little twist up its sleeve as part of its constant innovation. It’s called the Short Chute.
That is, quite simply, a shortcut on the course. But not everybody can take it. It has to be earned.
Click the Formats tab to see where Short Chutes can be earned and when they can be taken.
Can the athletes run barefoot?
Super League Triathlon has made the decision to insist that athletes must wear trainers for the run discipline in 2021. This is for athlete safety and to ensure a fair competition for all.
Are TT bikes allowed?
No. TT bikes are not allowed, including in the ITT.
How will pontoon starting positions be allocated?
To avoid mass gatherings, the pontoon slot draw is being re-invented. The SLT Team Managers will take part in a random draw to decide who gets to select first. The Team Managers will decide on behalf of their Team. The pontoon will be split into five blocks of starting positions so an each Team starts together. The draw will take place the day before each race.
Where can I watch the Super League Triathlon 2021 Championship Series?
Please visit our broadcast information page to see the broadcaster for your region.
What do the different Jerseys mean?
Topping a Leaderboard carries with it the right to wear a different colour on your race kit to signify you currently lead that division. The Leaderboards are updated after every event. The different colours worn by SLT athletes signify they lead:
How do athletes score points?
Points are primarily accumulated according to the finish position of each weekend of the Championship Series. There are also points accrued along the way for the fastest in the swim, bike and run disciplines.
How many points do you get for a race?
The top 15 athletes score points in the regular Championship Series races. It is 15 for the winner down to 1 point for 15th place.
For the Grand Finale, which in 2021 takes place in Malibu, there are extra points up for grabs. Here the winner is awarded 20 points and the roll down is as follows:
What about the Jersey Leaderboards?
The Jerseys have their own point scoring system. The points are awarded to the quickest time of the day for the first swim and transition, with the leader across the mount line after T1 picking up maximum points. For the bike, points are awarded for the first bike leg and transition, with the leader across the mount line after T2 picking up maximum points. The only exception is in the Equalizer format where the bike will be the ITT time. For the run it is the first across the finish line at the end of the first run discipline that takes full points. It means there is a lot to play for even in the opening stage of racing.
Points are awarded as follows:
At the end of the Championship Series, the Jersey winners each receive a $20k cash bonus.
How Do The Points Contribute to SLT Teams scores?
Quick overview: each Team’s top three men and top three women in the individual leaderboards after each race contribute their points a Team’s total. All swim, bike and run Jersey Leaderboard points also count.
For more detailed information on SLT Teams and how it works please visit our SLT Team’s page and the FAQ there XX.
What’s the prize money on offer?
Super League offers a huge prize purse of $1.25m across the Championship Series, which ensures the best talent on the start line and seriously competitive racing. There are prizes both for event finishes, the overall Championship Series leaderboard, the winners of the various coloured jerseys and a guarantee every athlete will get paid prize money via SLT Teams. For full details of Super League’s prize structure for the 2021 Championship Series, please visit our prize pool breakdown.
On top of all that, every Super League athlete is guaranteed to be treated like a true professional. That means Super League pays for all flights, accommodation, food and provides all-around support, bike mechanics, physiotherapy, marketing, promotion, social media and marketing support and much more. We have also supported the athletes with contracts which have helped them across the entire year and not just dependant on race results.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the online sweepstakes page and who are at least 13+ years old at the time of entry. The sweepstakes is open to the legal residents of the United Kingdom and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Super League International Limited (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Super League International Limited, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about August 16, 2021 at 12:00 AM and ending September 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM. All online entries must be received by September 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM. All times are (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Super League International Limited. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Super League International Limited.
5. Prizes: The prizes are: a Garmin forerunner, Apple Airpods, Nike Air Tempos, and a range of Nike apparel. You are not guaranteed to win a prize and your chance of winning is dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined SLT. No cash or other prize substitution permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Super League International Limited to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of SLT. Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Super League International Limited shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SLT’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Super League International Limited, anyone acting on behalf of Super League International Limited, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Super League International Limited reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Super League International Limited may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Super League International Limited. Super League International Limited reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Super League International Limited has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Super League International Limited reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Super League International Limited. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Super League International Limited and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United Kingdom AND SE1 7LY, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in SE1 7LY having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: For the names of the winners, please contact us at and in the body of the email type ‘Please e-mail me the winners’ list for the Super League International Limited Sweepstakes.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Super League International Limited, Suite 1 The Concourse Waterloo Station, London, SE1 7LY, SE1 7LY, United Kingdom.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.
5 Sep 2021
12 Sep 2021
18 Sep 2021
25 Sep 2021
To finish adding: open the downloaded file in your Apple or Outlook Calendar or add them to your Google Calendar.
Super League Triathlon © 2021